Vertical Inline Vacuum systems for large scale mass production.
AURORA inline platform is based on magnetron sputtering technology with its modification for high throughput production of conveyor type.
The main distinguishing future is substrate loading in vertical position. In this case substrate (or several substrates) is loaded verticaly on transport carrier that moves along all coater passing trough several steps of vacuum load-locks, process coridors with turn back or shift chamber and back to atmosphera for unloading of coated substrates.
This solution has the following advantages:
- space saving regarding footprint
- possibility to organize in-vacuum return track and use it for technology devices
- possibility to make double side coating
- low particles sputtering system configuration
- longer MTBM (mean time between maintenance)
- process stability due to constant vacuum, working gas conditions
The only disadvatage is more complicated substarte fixing that in some cases leads to uncoated area and makes automation loading more complecated.
Classification by size.
By coating area size classification AURORA platform has the following options:
- GEN 4.5 with coating area 650x1200 mm
- GEN 5 with coating area 1100x1300 mm
- GEN 6 with coating area 1500x1850 mm
- GEN 8 with coating area 2200x2500 mm
Together with coating area size the main parametrer that define productivity is cycle tme (or tact time like in conveyor production). It is time between unloading transport carriers with coated substrates.
For Aurora platform the shortest cycle time is from 45 sec.
The modular structure allows to relize various technologies (quantity of layers) with different cycle time by installation additional chambers with sputtering stations in necessary positions.
The main technology realized on AURORA coaters:
- ITO and other TCO structures
- Index Match ITO for touch industry
- Antireflection coating on cover glass (AR)
- AR plus anti fingerprint coatings (AR+AF)
- NCVM color coating on glass and plastic substrates (PET)
- Metalization coating.
One of the main advantage of INLINE coaters is outstanding process stability. Along with a standart parameters as well known cyclindrical magnatron sputtering stations IZOVAC reached outstanding stability by organize transport system whe carriers move with ZERO GAP between each other when they go in front od sputtering stations. This solution stabilize plazma condition that makes reactive sputtering rliable and repeatable for high quality anti reflection coating.
The result of several years R&D is inline all in vacuum AR+AF technology with teh best wear resistance in the market.
AURORA coaters has 2 modifications:
- AURORA - V with vertical substrate loading
- AURORA - I with incline substrate loading (substrate is loaded with 7° angle to vertical axis )
For details about configuration please see description for each model or contact us for help.
Vertical Inline coater
Incline Inline coater