Magnetron sputtering is an effective physical vapor deposition method which has been widely employed in industry for thin film coating.
Adavantages of Magnetron sputtering are the following:
- High deposition rate with low temperature (substrate temperature can be adjusted by magnetron configuration),
- Sputtering process has good stability and repeatability (stable deposition rate, stable film stoichiometry),
- Sputtering source (magnetron) can be positioned anywhere in the chamber relatively substrate (possible to works with a variety of substrates and different requirements),
- Sputtering source (magnetron) can be made in different shapes and configurations: planar round and rectangular, cylindrical rotatable and stationary, DC, MF or RF,
- Easy to industrialize: excellent uniformity on large scale and ease of automation.
Due to high flexibility of methodes and its combinations with other plasma technologies magnetron sputtering is continuasly developping from simple DC sputtering of metalls and alloys (MS) to Reactive Magnetron Sputtering (RMS) and Plasma Assisted Magnetron Sputtering (PARMS) that allows to make complicated coatings with the highest accuracy and purity. IZOVAC coaters with different methodes:
IZOVAC's experience in Magnetron Sputtering is accumulated in and current efforts are targeted at developing of large scale mass production (INLINE coating equipment) and high precision optical coating applications (Batch coaters).
|INLINE equipment for mass production||Batch coaters for precision application|