Batch coater is classical design for vacuum systems.
The main distinctive feature is the following:
- substrates (or more often sets of substrates) are processed one by one with sequential loading, pumping, coating, venting and unloading
- in most case one vacuum process chamber with all technological equipment
- some process requires load lock system to avoid venting every cycle.
If to compare with INLINE vacuume systems batch coater loses mostly in productivity and scalability (possible substrate size), but it has a lot of advantages:
- possibility to install sputtering devises of different types and configuration and combine different technologies in one process
- possibility to realize various geometry of sputtering system
- many types of substrate holders for different shapes and requirements
- high flexibility in process sequence and parameters
- possibility to make multylayers coating (up to several hundreds layers).
- possibility to use different process control system to improve quality and satisfy more and more strict requirements.
Advantages of batch coaters define thier nich as production tools for products with high requiremnts and high cost.
Batch coaters start thier history from lab R&D application and small scale production. But with developping of technologies and penetration of high tech to everyday life today batch coaters are become high tech mass production tools.
IZOVAC offer batch coaters with magnetron sputtering technology for the following applications:
- metalization decorative coating for 3D shapes
- optical coatings
|IZOMET||ADVANCED OPTICAL COATER (AOC)|
|metalization decorative coating for 3D shapes||Optical Coating System|